Outside stuff and RCD

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Outside stuff and RCD
  • From: "Crick, Steve" <steve.crick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:09:42 +0100

I know people on this list use outside lights and stuff controlled by the
x10 modules; I have read the threads.

So with this in mind, and having installed a water feature (my wife watches
Ground Force....) last weekend, I went to Homebase to buy an RCD thingy to
protect life and limb.

I indented to put the thing after the X10 module, and before the plug to
the
water pump. It looks ugly, but I figured it should work.

Now the problem. The RCD trips to off then the power is cut. So as soon as
the appliance module switches off, the RCD trips.

According to the paperwork, this is exactly how it is supposed to work (I
bought the slightly more expensive of the 2 Homebase had; Green box; RCD
has
a single test/reset button on top).

If I bought the cheaper one, with a reset AND a test button; would the
power
stay on? Do I even need to use one at all???

What do you guys with external X10 stuff do on this subject?

Cheers - Steve

Win $500 at freewarranty.com!
Click Here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4031/7/_/2065/_/958029201/