Re: Is it about to rain on our MP3 Parade?

We of course know the reason why they want to stop people creating their
own MP3's. It's because they want to sell them for themselves. So they
can rip us the paying public off even more.

And unfortunatly people, it's going to happen because the majority of
the consumer goods buying public out there have more money than sense,
beleive everything they see in so called "expert magazines", on
the
television and hear on the radio, and don't have the backbone to stand
up for themselves and the the rest of the populace and refuse to pay the
rip-off prices.

Stuart Grimshaw,
The views expressed in this email are my own, and do not belong to
anyone else.

if it
>ever does happen, I wouldn't have thought it will cause problems for
more
>than a month or two...
>
>>to be read in a PC CDROM drive. Apparently this is achieved by
monkeying
>>around with the error correction code.
>
>Hmmm... can't figure out offhand how they will be able to arrange
that...

>>is able to force the machine to mute its SP/DIF interface to
completely

>I suspect they might alienate rather a lot of high end hi-fi users with
>that move...
>
>As the full code for DVD has now apparently been compromised, and that
is
>designed in from the start, I wouldn't expect this will be an obstacle
>many people for very long.  I do entirely support the motive of trying
>stop people copying and distributing CDs, but MP3 ripping for one's own
>use, though technically illegal, seems a bit of a nasty one to come
down
>on...
>
>I await with interest the expected flop of the system...
>
>Nigel

>For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them
from
>anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win
>digital camera.

>-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948878137/

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ukha_d&m=1