Re: ATI All in Wonder 128

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ATI All in Wonder 128
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:53:07 GMT

I have the Matrox G400 Dualhead, and it DOES come complete with drivers for
NT 4.0 right on the CD. This is a fully functional driver with no
differences apparent from the Win 9x driver.

There is also already a BETA win 2000 driver available on the Matrox
website, which I have been using for a few weeks now with no problems
whatsoever. This is also fully functional, and again is apparently
identical
to all the earlier drivers. The only exception is that the external
utilities for the card (IE the BIOS flash utility etc.) have not yet made
it
to Win2000 versions, but this has no bearing at all on the operation of the
card under Win2000 (To flash the BIOS, I just booted up under Win9x and ran
that version of the utility)

Both of the above drivers support the entire G400 range of cards...

Whilst on the subject of Win2000 drivers, it's worth remembering that Win2K
uses the WDM (Windows Driver Model), which was introduced with Win 98, in
order to end the disparity between device drivers for win 9x systems and
Win
NT systems, by making them both use the same driver. Therefore, in theory
at
least, a windows 98 (NOT 95) driver _should_ work just fine for Win2K, and
in the absence of a certified Win2K driver, it's always worth trying a Win
98 driver if you have one available. - Just remember it MUST be a WDM
compliant driver, written specifically for Win 98, NOT a generic Win 9x
driver...

Regards.

Paul G.

>From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: ATI All in Wonder 128
>Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:16:57 -0000
>
>Does the Matrox Marvel G400 have NT drivers?
>
>M.

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1