Wireless Probs :-(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Wireless Probs :-(
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:37:22 -0000

Hi All

Well...I got some of the new UK 433Mhz stuff this week to review (Draft of
the keyfob review can be seen here
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/review-kr19e.html).

Anyway...last night I was having a play.  I set up the keyfob remote to
operate M1 and M2 (M for Macro).  I then had Homevision perform a macro on
receiving these commands (M1 ON = A11 ON and M2 ON = B8 ON etc etc).

Now to the problem.  Once I pressed the button on the keyfob the desired
effect was achieved.  However, I notice the X10 receive light on HomeVision
was constantly flickering.  Looking at the PL activity under the Control
X10
screen I could see a constant M1. M On....M1, M ON...M1. M On....M1. M
On....M1. M On....

The TM12 transceiver module was continually resending this message.

Is this because the address it's sending to isn't an actual module but HV.
Is it expect some sort of reply?  If I set the keyfob and transceiver
module
to an ACTUAL module (ie A1) this problem did not occur?

I'm pulling my hair out!!!

Thanks

M.

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948379182/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1