Re: Temperature Sensing.

At 18:06 10/01/00 -0000, you wrote:
>path (2 wires) and IIRC to use a lot of temperature sensors you real
need 3
>wires as the parasitic power drain is quite high for the temperature
sensors
>( I could be wrong on this).

The power supply can be supplied locally, rather than from a central point-
the bus (a bit like the outputs in comfort!) was sensibly designed to
pull-down rather than pullup, so you can add separate power supplies to the
sensors with little effort...

I don't have the figures to hand for the temp sensors, but if there's only
a few they might not need extra supplies.  The switch/input chips are a bit
more greedy, and the ID chips are the least current-grabbing...

BTW, if you fancy some delicate soldering, Dallas are giving away samples
of the ID chips at http://www.ibutton.com/csp.html
.  I got mine before
Christmas, but I haven't had time to play yet!  They are _awfully_ small
though, so unless you are used to hot-air soldering, it's probably not
worth your while except as something (very small) to put on the wall...

Nigel

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/947581110/

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!