Re: User interface

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: User interface
  • From: "Brendan" <jbh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:51:38 -0000

Steven,

For interest visit www.csweb.org/ to see info on home net exhibitors plus
also
see http://www.wired.com/news/gizmos/o,1452,33497,00.html
for a chuckle.

Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven <steven@xxxxxxx>
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Date: 09 January 2000 22:52
Subject: [ukha_d] User interface

>Right.. I have recently started "automating" my house using
X10 modules.  I
>have been playing with hard wired devices for a couple of years now but
>thought I'd finally try X10.
>
>After some list members suggestions I am now using HomeSeer to control
>everything along with some standalone VB apps to interface to IO
modules.

>The set-up so far consists of:
>
>* Voicemail card for taking messages and interacting with telephone
callers.
>* Various X10 modules (lots more to follow).
>* VGA to TV convertor.
>* Infrared keyboard mouse.
>* Digital IO module connected to alarm panel, door bell and soon PIR's
etc.

>What I need to do next is work out how to control all of this lot.
I've
>spent quite a bit of time trying to find the easiest way to interact
with
>the system but am a bit stuck.  Keyboard/TV... Maxi controllers...
Voice
>control... telephone control?  Who knows.
>
>So what is everyone's views on the best way to control Home Automation
>systems then?  I'm looking for something that is fairly housewide,
discreet
>and easy to use.
>
>Go for it guys.. give me your ideas!
>
>Cheers
>Steven

>Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at
>SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.

>-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/947587901/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications