Re: Digibox choice

> a) Are there any digiboxes I can purchase which do have S-video?

No.

Apparently Pace say S-Video could be enabled merely with a software update
as the box has the capability to output it but for some reason Sky won't
allow it.  I read somewhere this was because Sky hadn't been able to get
Macrovision to work on S-Video but as far as I know Macrovision works on
the
S-Video output of DVD players so this may not be true.

Another thing you may want to consider is a box with an digital out
(audio).
The Germans already have Dolby Digital being broadcast so Sky may too in
the
future.  I believe one of the OnDigital boxes (Sony?) has an optical
digital
audio out but none of the Sky Digiboxes yet.

My friend in the satellite business tells me Pace definitely have the
rumoured digibox that allows the recording of one channel while watching
another.  Although he says this will be an up-market product that you will
have to pay for rather than get free.

Pace also have a prototype box with a hard-drive in it for recording
programs (like the replay/tivo in USA).

> b) Is there any way that Sky could tell if I secretly swapped their
digibox
> for one I purchased, after their installer has left??

I would imagine they could tell.

M.

Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it!  Sign

up today at X.com.  It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/2065/_/947512047/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1