Re: Digibox choice

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Digibox choice
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:21:53 GMT

Thanks Mark - useful information.

Come to think of it, can anybody tell me if ANY of the available digiboxes
have an S-video out socket? - I'm really trying to convert all my AV gear
over to S-video, to which end it is now a major requirement / consideration
when I purchase any new piece of kit. If the answer to this is no, can
anybody tell me:

a) Are there any digiboxes I can purchase which do have S-video?

b) Is there any way that Sky could tell if I secretly swapped their digibox
for one I purchased, after their installer has left?? - presumably, its
much
like GSM right? - the card gives the box it's unique identity, so
theoretically I should be able to swap the digibox for another, and just
put
my original Sky-supplied viewing card in it, and as long as it's connected
up to the phone line (as required by the contract) no-one would be any the
wiser?? - or have Sky already thought of this ruse and done something to
put
the kybosh on my cunning plan?

Cheers all.

Paul G.

>From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Digibox choice
>Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:37:52 -0000
>

>As you say avoid Amstrad.
>
>There is a new curvier Pace box out (2400?).
>
>Make sure your box is one of the newer faster type (the EPG version
number
>has an asterisk* after the number).
>
>M.

provide the
> > preferred box. (no guarantee obviously though!).
> >
> > Therefore, is there any box that I should express a preference
for, or
> > indeed, to avoid like the plague? (Avoiding anything with
"Amstrad"
>written
> > on the from goes without saying!!)
> >
> > All comments greatfully accepted!!
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Paul G.

> > Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at
> > SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.
> >
> > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
> > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1

>Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at
>SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.

>-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1

Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at

SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.
http://click.egroups.com/1/646/3/_/2065/_/947506960/

-- Create a poll/survey for your group!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1