Re: Digibox choice

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Digibox choice
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:31:47 GMT

Hmmm....

Likewise, I don't want a box in the house with "Amstrad" written
on it - for
purely snobbish reasons of course!! - my AV kit is all on open racks,
rather
than hidden out of sight (Having spent all that hard-eaned cash on it, I'll
be damned if I'm going to hide it away!) - If you've got it, flaunt it! -
thats what I say!

In defence of the technical merit or otherwise of the Amstrad box, I quote
from the very latest "What Satellite" magazine: "Don't
discount the Amstrad
box - we rather like it"

(but I still don't want one in my house!)

Paul G.

>From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Digibox choice
>Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:42:07 -0000
>

>Unfortunately, Sky don't appear to try very hard to accommodate you!
>
>I asked (nay, begged) for the Panasonic which I'm led to believe is
>slightly
>faster than the others in operation (such as the EPG). Sky said they'd
do
>their best.
>
>Sky's best was the Amstrad! As soon as the installer turned up I phoned
Sky
>to complain pointing out that I didn't want an Amstrad logo in the
house!
>The response was that they we're obliged to accomodate my request but
if I
>wasn't happy with it they would attempt to replace it 'at the earliest
>practical opportunity'. Interestingly enough, the installer said that
Sky
>never supply him with anything other than Amstrad or Grundig.
>
>That was in July.
>
>I still have an Amstrad Digibox.
>
>Having said that, it's been OK, though it does look a little on the
tacky
>side. It crashes periodically but the same goes for any of them.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve

Amstrad
>to name but a couple), and whilst I know that there isn't really a
"choice"
>per se, I am led to believe that if I express a preference for any
digibox
>over another, then Sky (or the installer) will "try" to
provide the
>preferred box. (no guarantee obviously though!).
>
>Therefore, is there any box that I should express a preference for, or
>indeed, to avoid like the plague? (Avoiding anything with
"Amstrad" written
>on the from goes without saying!!)
>
>All comments greatfully accepted!!
>
>Cheers.
>
>Paul G.

>Toys, Books, Software. Save $10 on any order of $25 or more at
>SmarterKids.com. Hurry, offer expires 1/15/00.

>-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1

>FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! XpertSite is the biggest directory
>of Experts on the Web. For a REAL PERSON who will be happy to answer
your
>questions!

>-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ukha_d&m=1

Looking for educational tools for your kids?

Find everything you need at SmarterKids.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/645/3/_/2065/_/947507521/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ukha_d&m=1