AAAARGH DAMMIT!

I just had a damn power spike wipe out my "Entertainment" PC,
which I use to
play Mp3 music, DVDs and to surf from the sofa!!!!

After a quick scout through the guts of the box, I have a fragged
Motherboard (a Soyo 6BA+III, one month out of warranty) and an ATI
All-in-Wonder 128, again just over the year old... i suppose I should be
happy that everything else (PIII800EB and 196Mb of ram are the main things
am happy about) are okay....

So, what do you folks do about power protection? are these surge resistant
power strips any use at all?

Does X-10 actually cause power spikes? (I ask, because I am sure that I can
hear my applicance modules "tick" on the speakers when they
switch on and
off)

Ian.

Click here for more details: