RE: success

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: success
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:59:12 -0000

Sounds like the HK is operating at something other than 38kHz.

The sensitivity of the receiver drops off severely as you get outside its
band. There are other receivers in the range TSOP1836, TSOP1840, TSOP1856
for 36,40,56 kHz respecively. You state that the visible LED is hardly
working which suggests that it is hardly detecting the signal thereby
indicating it is out of band. A different receiver would probably pick it
up
OK but you you would then possibly loose all the other stuff that operates
on 38kHz.

You could possibly overcome that by having 2 receivers in parallel, one
would detect 38k and the other <whatever k> the HK operates on. The
visible
LED would then appear to work properly but you still wouldnt control your
gear as the transmitter circuit outputs 38kHz. You would need to either
change resistor values to get the required frequency (again killing the 38k
stuff) or add a second transmitter with a stick on mini-emitter tuned to
the
frequency of the HK kit.

Fun isnt it :-))

Keith