Help with antenna connections

  • To: "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Help with antenna connections
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:50:43 -0000

I've got a problem that I'm sure someone on this list will be able to help
me with.

I've installed an 802.11b wireless LAN at home. I want to extend it so that
my brother's family can share my soon to be installed ADSL connection. The
problem that I have is that his PC sits in a window behind a double
radiator, so that signals to the antenna are blocked. I'd like to make a
coax extension so that I can re-site the antenna in the window, but I'm not
sure what to order or from where. The antenna connector on the rear of the
PCI card is about 6mm in diameter, and has a left hand thread. I think that
RP-TNC *might* be the right connector.

Any thoughts?

Tim.

eGroups eLerts