RE: Help with antenna connections

  • To: "Roger Bilboul" <bilboul@xxxxxxx>, "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help with antenna connections
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:38:32 -0000

For the Wireless network I used the Compaq stuff - out of the box it has
only 40 bit encryption but there is a firmware update on their website that
updates it to 128. I bought the lot from dabs.com. The PC cards come in at
115, and the PCI cards 125. They're not the cheapest, but AFAIK they are
the
cheapest with 128bit WEP, which should make them more secure than a wired
connection!

I've ordered Dazzlefish 500U from www.madasafish.com It is the same price
as
BT's offering but has a fixed IP and no port blocking, so you can run a web
or ftp server (albiet limited to 256k bandwidth), and run directplay games,
IP telephony etc.

On another note MSN messesnger www.msn.co.uk now allows free calls over the
internet to any US number, and cheap international calls too - difficult to
set up NAT clients to use with Zonealarm, but it works well.

My brother has Openworld at home and he has managed to set it up using
Win98
SE ICS so that his 2 machine network can use his ADSL USB connection. From
what I understand it should be pretty easy, as the drivers for the Alcatel
ADSL USB modem use Windows DUN/RAS (with a dummy phone number) to connect
the net.

Now can anyone help me with my antenna problem?

Tim.