Re: Infrared Transmitter

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Infrared Transmitter
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 23:20:40 -0000

>> now all I need to do is figure out how
> > add a serial port to this thing so winamp can interface as well.
>
> Have a look at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/3863/uir/index.html
>
> It's a PIC based Serial Port Infra red interface, the circuit is
quite
> simple, and it's good fun to build. It works just fine with the
TSOP1838

If you want to keep it really simple, you can simply wire an IR LED
direct to the parallel port and play a digitised sample of the
required remote sequence to the LED.
Very effective, and only requires two components!

Patrick

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/976404045/