Re: Infrared Transmitter

> I would recommend building this or a similar project to anybody with
even
> the slightest interest in this field.  I have learnt so much in the
last
> weeks its amazing from reading circuit diagrams to how the 555 timer
works,
> to how not to solder a breadboard. now all I need to do is figure out
how
> add a serial port to this thing so winamp can interface as well.

Have a look at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/3863/uir/index.html

It's a PIC based Serial Port Infra red interface, the circuit is quite
simple, and it's good fun to build. It works just fine with the TSOP1838

Ian.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/976278755/