Re: UKHA - The Christmas meet???

Campbell wrote:

> Why not ??????

See email just sent in response to Ian.

> I only live a few miles from Glasgow airport in an expanding village
called
> Houston....OK says it all :-) nice bottles, nice bump on the head,
>
> In reality it's actually quite nice but a heck of  a lot colder than
you
> guys and girls get down south. When I was at a piping seminar in
London on
> Wednesday, I found it so warm I struggled to get to sleep.

I actually really missed the weather when I was in Winchester. I took a
polartec 300 fleece with me and was able to use it for about two weeks
[one of those was in Poland].

> After working in Milton Keynes and living in Northampton for 3 years,
> driving home every Friday and back every Sunday. The main comment I
can make
> is....It is faster and far more relaxing to drive in Scotland than
> England...
> :-)

Ooh, not pleasant! On the few occasions I was actually in the UK, I
spent a lot of time at ICI sites near Liverpool and Newcastle.
Frequently drove from Winchester to Glasgow via one of the sites -
averaged around 2500 miles a week. There's nothing like a 4 hour drive
at 5 am for a 20 minute meeting before driving back again. And yes
driving in Scotland is a lot easier. I'm afraid I picked up a few
aggressive driving skills from the M3 and M25.

> Question : Why did Ryanair charge only £4.50 to fly Prestwick to
Stanstead
> and
> £19.50 Stanstead to Prestwick, are they trying to get the Scots to
migrate
> South or is it all downhill to London.

Easy, Scotland is obviously a far more appealing place to be - you pay
for quality $-)

Calum
eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/975865987/