Re: UKHA - The Christmas meet???

Ian Lowe wrote:

> > Yeah, Glasgow, nice place to visit - wouldn't want to live there
> > DOH!
>
> Ahem?
>
> "Glasgow" is a sprawling city with a few dives you wouldn't
wish on your
> worst enemy, a lot of mediocre areas that are fine but most people
would
> want to move away from, and several complete gems that are a total
delight
> to live in!!
>
> Please don't make such sweeping condemnations of my city!

Did you miss the fact I live there or do you just not like me knocking
it?
I've lived in Kirkintilloch [a few miles NE of the centre of Glasgow]
all my life except for the couple of years I lived in Winchester.

> Besides, didn't you get to see the massive regeneration that has been
> happening in the city centre lately?

Indeed I did. And still ongoing. I generically hate cities, but both
Glasgow and Edinburgh are okay for a while [although I really loved
Winchester].

Calum
eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/2065/_/975865377/