Re: Interesting Behaviour.

> Sure, it's the MAG2000 I got the six pack, so they worked out at only
£2.34
> each

Sure beats uk prices. Almost worth considering buying a shitload to modify
and sell on. Without approvals of course.

> If you want to use them as straight on/off that's great: the DIM is
very
> annoying, as >any< dim command causes the lamp module to go Full
on, then
> fade to the right value, so even if you are at, say 50% going to 60%
it
goes
> to 100 first for a few seconds, then goes down to %60. I have checked
this
> on an umodded module through a 110step down tranny, and it still does
it,
so
> this isn't a result of the mod. I am only using a 40W table lamp,
though....

I seem to recall reading about this before and suspect its normal.

> That being said, the modules I have modded up seem fine. (I assume you
have
> seen the schematic on Ido Bartini's site: Steve Bloom's new schemtic
matches
> these modules)

I'll check it out.

> R1 gets a little hot (although not any hotter than my AM11U gets) and
the
> toko coil seems a little hotter than I would like.

The PAM01's i did get quite hot. I considered going up in wattage. Been
going for well over 6 months - 24/7

> I have considered fitting a thermal fuse in the live feed (a M*****
RA14
> 93degree one) which would kill the module if the toko got too hot. If,
of
> course this guys site here beside me working flawlessly for a few more
days
> (that's over a month) I might actually trust it in proper use!
>
> Basically, I am >utterly< paranoid about high voltages and
electrical
fires.
> probably not a bad trait for an electronics hobbyist....

It is. When i first tested my prototype i had a few inches of wire to the
plug. I crawled under my disk to find a spare socket in a 4way. With the
bare board on the carpet i switched on. When it went up in flames (although
short lived) i didn't weather to put the flames out and get eletrocuted or
remove the plug and risk the carpet catching. Frightening for a second.

> Ian.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/3/_/2065/_/975189769/