Re: Interesting Behaviour.

> Ian,
>
> Was this www.smarthomeusa.com ?

I  used www.smarthome.com but it does seem to be the same site!

> Would you have the part number ?

Sure, it's the MAG2000 I got the six pack, so they worked out at only £2.34
each

If you want to use them as straight on/off that's great: the DIM is very
annoying, as >any< dim command causes the lamp module to go Full on,
then
fade to the right value, so even if you are at, say 50% going to 60% it
goes
to 100 first for a few seconds, then goes down to %60. I have checked this
on an umodded module through a 110step down tranny, and it still does it,
so
this isn't a result of the mod. I am only using a 40W table lamp,
though....

That being said, the modules I have modded up seem fine. (I assume you have
seen the schematic on Ido Bartini's site: Steve Bloom's new schemtic
matches
these modules)

R1 gets a little hot (although not any hotter than my AM11U gets) and the
toko coil seems a little hotter than I would like.

I have considered fitting a thermal fuse in the live feed (a M***** RA14
93degree one) which would kill the module if the toko got too hot. If, of
course this guys site here beside me working flawlessly for a few more days
(that's over a month) I might actually trust it in proper use!

Basically, I am >utterly< paranoid about high voltages and electrical
fires.
probably not a bad trait for an electronics hobbyist....

Ian.

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/3/_/2065/_/975187517/