Re: PC advice (Not really HA!)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PC advice (Not really HA!)
  • From: "Christopher Williams" <ccwilliams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:36:02 -0000

Cracked it!

Basic but usefull.  I had assumed (incorrectly it would appear) that
doing a format followed by a sys was the same as format with the /s
switch!  I reformatted the HD again with /s and it booted ok.  Left
it overnight to copy the files again and all is now installed and
working.

( I have a feeling that my problems came about because the Startup
floppy produced by Win98 uses disk compression and sys assumed that
the HD would also be compressed?? )

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Chris Williams