RE: Nigels transmitter - problems

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Nigels transmitter - problems
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:41:18 -0000

Hi Nick,

>From the front ie the bump facing you
Left to right

1 Out
2 Ground
3 +5V

Assuming that you have built is as per the diagram then the only reason for
R6 getting hot is that the IR LED is permanently switched on. There are
three likely causes of this

1 T2 incorrectly orientated and it is permanently conducting
2 T2 short circuit across emitter and collector.
3 T2 permanently conducting because it is being driven constantly by Pin3
of IC1 being High (+12V). In this case the VIsible LED will be permanently
lit as well.

any further advise requires more info.

Keith