Re: Multiple Amps Miltiple Zones.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Multiple Amps Miltiple Zones.
  • From: Ian Oliver <ioliver.lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:46:23 GMT

> What I want to be able to do is have 1 relay board to switch the
output
> from my PC soundcard between the two AUX inputs on the stereos. and
then
> have another relay board on each stereo's output to switch between the
sets
> of speakers. One set of speakers will be in the rear speakers of my
TV, so
> one of the relays would need to be a DPDT (Is that the right
terminology?
> Double Pole Double Throw?).

Yes, DPDT or "double pole, change-over" is what you're after.

> Does anyone know where I can get some schematics for this kind of set
up?

Why do you need a schematic?  It's all straight forward and you seem to
have
a good grasp of what you're doing.

> Once I've done that I then want to control the relays with DS2401
> addressable switches, if I ever manage to get a supplier to sell me
the
> stuff. (I have a mail poised to go to Dallas about that, I'll bcc it
here
> if it ever needs to go.)

DS2407 maybe?  Try www.pointsix.com for ready made modules. Note that if
driving relays you need a low leakage SSR as the PointSix ones leak too
much.
I used Crydom ones.

Regards

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/3/_/2065/_/974476017/