RE: PCB Etching (Was : Phono Faceplate - Photos)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PCB Etching (Was : Phono Faceplate - Photos)
  • From: "Ian" <I.Bird@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:48:44 -0000

Thanks Keith

Now the 100 dollar question. A while back I bought a bubble etch tank and I
have had fish tanks before (lots of spare pumps) so no expence there. In
fact the tank is still wrapped in its original packing. I also have the
mother of all Lasers for home use of which the less said the better as you
know. I also have the schematic in Proteus and it prints beautifully.

Now, the bits I don't have
I am not sure how you are getting the PCB printout (printed on what?) onto
the board and the steps to finally putting it into the etching tank. Can
you
point me at any literature or web addresses for this (or explain if you are
really kind). What is the relationship between the light box and the final
ferric chloride process.
I know of one of these UV boxes I can borrow to try it out. All I need is a
little knowledge and one or two other bits i.e. pre-sensitised boards.
Any part numbers e.g. RS or M*****S so I can read the leaflets would be
great.

Thanks

Ian

p.s. sorry if these are really silly questions but you have to start
somewhere!