Re: X10 mods, was: This Damn Country!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: X10 mods, was: This Damn Country!
  • From: James Derrick <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:29:51 +0000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:26:39 +0100, you wrote:

>From other postings that I have seen, the caps are the biggest problem.
<AOL>
Me too!
</AOL>

>Because of the higher working voltage they are often physically too
large.
Yup- I used Maplin's supression caps on flying leads to mod my 110V
kit. Using two capacitors to sum up to a value worked fine.

If it helps, there's some pictures of my WS467 mods at:
http://www.amarok.demon.co.uk/dl/ws467_mods.html

James

---
James Derrick    james@xxxxxxx, Cramlington, Near Newcastle, England
Forwarding Service: jderrick@xxxxxxx
Beyond the Horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a World of Magnets and Miracles. Pink Floyd.

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/3/_/2065/_/974320159/