RE: Memory Was: OT: W2k ICS vs. Linux masquerading

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Memory Was: OT: W2k ICS vs. Linux masquerading
  • From: "Henderson, Darren" <Darren.Henderson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:17:21 -0000

> Thanks Darren,
>
> I was planning on upgrading the memory anyway.

never ending upgrades :o)

> I have recently installed a new clock utility that will also monitor
> resources
>
> http://users.iafrica.com/d/da/dalen/tclockex.htm

cool I'll have a look at it.

> and it shows that I have little or no memory available at any time :-(
>
> The big problem is.....
>

> Take the 64M dimm and stick it in the PR233 along with
> another 16M dimm I have been given and then buy a shiny new 128Mb
PC133
Dimm for the AMD
> K6-2-400.

You may find that the motherboard will not allow you to fully populate the
Simm socket AND use the Dimm sockets at the same time. My 233 board is like
this(Chaintech board can't remember the version), I can put memory in 2 of
the simm sockets and one of the Dimm sockets

Darren

Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may
be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering
it to the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to
anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the reply
facility in your e-mail software.

Thank you.
Information Technology Department
Belfast City Hospital Trust