Re: Modem Caller-ID question (long-ish)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Modem Caller-ID question (long-ish)
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 14:41:32 GMT

Thanks Stuart,

Interesting, - I'm glad it's not just me then, but that doesn't help either
of us much!

I've never seen malformed data, I just either get it, or I don't, so I will
see things like:

RING

TYPE = VOICE
DATE = 0911
TIME = 1448
NMBR = 0976-111111

RING

...etc.... Then later on I will see:

RING

RING

RING

RING

... IE NO CID data displayed at all. Occasionally I will see a mix of
results in the same session, so I'll see several calls WITH data, then one
or perhaps two WITHOUT, then without doing anything I'll see a few more
WITH. Eventually though, it always gets to the situation where NO incoming
calls display any CID (on the modem that is, my CID unit works fine!) until
I issue an AT#CID=1 to the modem, which starts the whole cycle again...

I don't know if there is a config option which supresses the display of CID
data if it is malformed? - My Accura Manual does not include a list of all
the AT commands it supports, and it looks like Hayes don't have any web
presence anymore - I know they filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection a
few years ago, but I could have sworn they came back to life afterwards,
however, try www.hayes.(co.uk or com) and you'll see what I mean....

Cheers.

Paul G.

>Paul,
>
>I have a Hayes Accura, and I am trying to use it for Caller ID too.
>
>I'm experiencing both problems, though I've only seen problem 2 a few
>times.
>
>In my case the first problem is being caused by spurious carraige
returns,
>so intead of getting caller ID data like :
>
>TYPE = VOICE
>DATE = 0911
>TIME = 1448
>NMBR = 0976-111111
>
>I might get
>
>TYPE = VOICE
>DATE = 0911
>TIME = 1448
>NMBR =
>0976-111111
>
>Which would break the recognition.
>
>Unfortunatly, my solution won't help you I don't think. Each of the 4
rows
>is processed seperatly by MH, so all I do is strip out any carraige
returns
>with a quick regexp. Can HV do anything like that?
>
>I'd always assumed that the modem stopping recording calls was down to
my
>code. If it's the modem that's the problem a mail to Hayes might be in
>order. If it's a known bug, there might be a flash upgrade available
for
>it.
>
>A quick fix would be (assuming the modem/HV/MH still recognises the
RING