RE: Ultimate Central Heating Thermostat

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Ultimate Central Heating Thermostat
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:56:26 -0000

> Winter is nearly here, and I have a spare 5 minutes, so I've
> started on the
> spec for the house thermostat I've always wanted (no
> commercial product I
> can afford does what I want). My requirements are moderately
> sophisticated,
> and there's a chance what I want won't work, so if anyone has
> any comments
> or experience to share I'd appreciate it.

<snip>

About a year ago, I was looking at a controller from DCD that offered a lot
of what you want - but no HA integration/interface.

http://members.aol.com/dcdcontrol/index.htm

At around 320UKP it wasn't cheap, and I went with a Screwfix programmable
timer (a couple of months ago) for 25UKP - this gave me independent HW + CH
control for each day - which the crap Potterton timer installed with our CH
many years ago doesn't.

Perhaps when I move house in the nearish future, I will be able to justify
something similar.  I might even use the forthcoming KAT5-HV control
suite....  just kidding Keith!  :-)

James H

http://click.egroups.com/1/9183/9/_/2065/_/973262952/