Re: Nigel on a bicycle :-))

To supplement that, and point out what a good thing Homebase have done
by flogging the X10 starter kits cheaply:

My mother-in-law was well impressed with some of the automation we've
now got at our house, so much so that she went out and bought the radio
kit from Homebase. She likes it so much now that she's on to me to order
her some more bits when I next order some for myself.

She's not that technologically minded (although she *can* programme a
VCR) so the plug and play simplicity of X10 really appealed. You won't
get that with any hard wired system.

If a few more people like her start buying X10 then the prices should
fall quite nicely (and appear to be doing so already)...

Ray Barnett.

Simplifying group communications