Re: Flaky CM12 ??

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Flaky CM12 ??
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:33:56 GMT

No, I haven't tried that yet, - haven't had time to play with things this
week, but I will try that later on. Incidentally, when I experience this
CM12-instigated lockup, the radio part seems to be the only part that does
carry on working, because I can still control the local appliance module in
the TM12 unit (but that does not involve any X10 going across the wire).

cheers.

PG

>From: Raymond <Reb.barnett@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Flaky CM12 ??
>Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:42:40 +0100
>
>Have you moved the CM12 to a different socket as a result of installing
>Comfort. Might not mean anything at all, but my X10 radio transceiver
>(can't remember that code as well!) seemed to crash (i.e. stop
>responding to radio commands) intermittently in its first location, but
>when I moved to alternative location (which ought to have worse radio
>reception) it has only misbehaved once in a couple of months...
>
>Seems sad that something as *simple* as a radio transceiver can't be
>designed to be crash/bug free...
>
>Ray.

when I
> > installed some
> > >low
> > >voltage lights. It turned out that they were powered by
> > "switch mode" power
> > >supplies. The psu's were the problem.
> > >
> > >It went like this.
> > >
> > >Turn on a light or do anything X10 - OK
> > >Turn on LV lights - OK
> > >Try and turn them off - nothing
> > >Try and do anything thing else X10 - nothing.
> > >HARD switch them off (disconnect them) - all okay, and
> > everything else
> > >CATCHES UP.
> > >
> > >HOWEVER
> > >
> > >I again, last week experienced a lock up. No particular
> > reason that I could
> > >find. By switching a certain light off, the lock up went
> > away and all has
> > >been fine since. Very strange...
> > >
> > >Mike

> > >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d