Re: KAT5 AV Links

Hi Richard,

They send demodulated IR.
Locally powering the units was a design decision. The signals are sent down
the cable as balanced line to avoid problems with interference and ground
loops. If they use power sent from a central point there is a possibility
of a ground loop being introduced thus degrading the performance.

I am interested in your RF over CAT5.
How many channels is it carrying and what is the highest useable channel?
Where I live our TV channels are right at the top end of the UHF band and
we are right on the edge of the reception area. During various times of the
year we suffer so much co-channel interference from the continent and other
UK transmitters that we often cant get a watchable picture at all :-((

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation