Re: KAT5 AV Links

Keith Doxey wrote:

> Some versions of the KAT5 AV links incorporate an IR repeater. They do
not
> include any IR intelligence but merely repeat what they receive.
Therefore
> at the receiver end there is circuitry to receive the AV signals sent
from
> the other end and an IR receiver to send IR data to the transsmitter.
The
> transmitter sends the AV signals to the distant end and receives the
IR
> data from the receiver. It then converts this back into IR to be fired
at
> the VCR/DVD/Satellite etc.

Does it send the 38000Hz carrier or does it send the demodulated data
stream? If its not demodulating it then you can use the same pair for
power.

I would prefer a box with an IR reciever on the front. and on the back
the RJ45 and composite/Left/Right outputs.

If it looks styley enough it could be placed ontop of the TV or
wherever.

BTW - I have got RF antenna signals going thru cat5 ok here - the lower
UHF is fine, the upper UHF is gettign a bit crappy. VHF channels come
thru with no problems.

--
Richard

--
Richard

Imagine a credit card with a 0% Intro APR and Instant Approval…
It seems impossible, but it’s not. Visit GetSmart.com’s Credit Card
Finder and click on instant approval cards right now at
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1263

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications