Re: KAT5 AV Links

Hi Stuart

Some versions of the KAT5 AV links incorporate an IR repeater. They do not
include any IR intelligence but merely repeat what they receive. Therefore
at the receiver end there is circuitry to receive the AV signals sent from
the other end and an IR receiver to send IR data to the transsmitter. The
transmitter sends the AV signals to the distant end and receives the IR
data from the receiver. It then converts this back into IR to be fired at
the VCR/DVD/Satellite etc.

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation