Re: KAT5 AV Links

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: KAT5 AV Links
  • From: "Chris King" <chris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:13:45 +0100

Options 1 or 2 for me as a starting point too...

My personal preference on connectors is RJ45 - phono; presumably this would
be a cheaper option than SCART to start with, although the costs involved
probably aren't that different?

I think Mark has a point about selling to the high-end as well -

>>No I am not kidding you - I would treat these boxes as hi-fi
>>separates, and be proud to display them accordingly.

If the first field test kits work well I see no reason why you couldn't
make
the boxed item look good, perhaps improve the quality of the internal
components where necessary and sell the kit on at a good profit (as long as
you give us first refusal on erm....slight seconds!)

Cheers,
Chris.

Still,
> if I was good as a businessman I wouldnt be as techie as I am ;-))
>
> Keep you all posted
>
> Keith
>
> Keith Doxey
> http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
> Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

> Looking for the hottest sports memorabilia or sporting goods
> specials? eBay has thousands of trading cards, sports autographs
> and collectibles.You never know what you might find at eBay!
> http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1143
>

> eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
> http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications