Re: Comfort

For what it's worth, I've been working on a programme to assist with
programming Comfort. I've got as far as decoding responses to something
more meaningful (i.e. a sort of script language) because I'm a VB
programmer and I need code spelt out for me ;-). However I'm a busy VB
programmer at the moment so I've not got as far as the clever bit to
allow you to write script and turn it back into the Comfort response
file.

The intention is to save you having to look up action codes to work out
what a response is doing, and also to be able to see at a glance what

I'll let you know when it's at a stage where it's actually usefull...

Ray.

 As
> a car gets
> > nearer the house we then hear "Near Drive Movement".
With two
> detectors we
> > are able to tell the dirrection of travel and later I will use
> HomeVision to
> > do some logic on lights as well as create a log file of cars in
and
> out.
> >
> > I have also now wired in my garage doors to the system and can
open
> and
> > close them via phone from anywhere in the world.  Last night my
> > Mother-in-law asked why I would want to do this.  "Because
> I can" :-)
> >
> > On the downside I find the software pretty awful (I'm
> afraid I'm not a
> > programmer).  I see there is a new version coming from Comfort to
> work with
> > their new universal serial module.  I only hope it's better than
the
> current
> > one.  Can you give us any information on this Andy??
> >
> > I plead with the manufactures in Tiawan to download the free
> HomeVision
> > software to see how the right friendly software can turn a good
> product into
> > a great product! (http://www.csi3.com/hv_p3.htm)
> >
> > Don't get me wrong.  Comfort is a FABULOUS system and Andrew
Roberts
> has
> > been more patent with me than I have a right to expect.
> >
> > If anyone is thinking of getting into Home Automation I
> would heartily
> > recomend this system!
> >
> > (cc to Comfort Mailing List)

> eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d