Re: Whole-house audio

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Whole-house audio
  • From: "Brendan" <jbh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:51:36 -0000

Folks,

Think I might have an answer to your requirement.

I have an article published by Steve Ciarcia in 1986 covering design of a 8
x 8 cross-bar switch (scalable in multiples) allowing any Audio / Video i/p
to be switched to any of the
8 (or multiples of) o/p.
Utilises RCA 74HC22106 crosspoint switch which presents some 95 ohms ON
resistance and some 9MHz bandwidth.
Routeing of any i/p to any o/p is achieved by clocking a 6-bit address onto
the switch.

I obtained this some years ago wvt building but it is, unfortunately, one
of
the many items I have never 'got around to' ... so no info on its operation
in anger.

If any of you interested I'd be happy to snailmail photocopies of the
article of scan and mail
(15 pages).

Let me know.

Brendan