Re: Whole-house audio

At 09:07 03/11/99 -0000, you wrote:
>Dont worry, that idea has already been considered. :-))

Someone in the UK was asking on another list (maybe the PIClist) a while
back about the possibility of sending multiple audio channels down a single
pair, for leisure-centre type music distribution applications... so it will
hit the market, sometime... but I doubt it will fit in an electrical
backbox for a couple of years...

>BTW. Continuing the "Audiophile interconnects" thread a
little, a
>mathmatical question for you.....What is half of 995?
>
>There is a pair of phono leads in a presentation box for 995-00UKP
>The digital interconnect is a SINGLE identical lead (from the
description
>and picture) but no mention of the presentation case.
>
>A single lead is 600-00UKP.

I think I can see the reasoning.  They presumably buy in the expensive
cables in pairs, in the presentation cases.  They then have to pay someone
to remove the 2 cables for individual sale.  As the company has no
engineers or other plebs working there (who needs engineers anyway- they
just seem to spend money ;-) ), it has to be the PHB (Pointy Haired Boss,
for those unfamiliar with Dilbert...) who does the job. =20

If he wasn't removing the cable from the case, he could be selling cables
to unsuspecting punters, so it actually costs the company =A3200 in lost
sales for the PHB to figure out how to open the presentation box and
complete the appropriate ISO 9000 paperwork.  The remaining =A35 is a
nomina=
charge to cover the cost of ecologically acceptable disposal of the
presentation case.

Just a theory, you understand... I did say don't get me started ;-)

Nigel

-- Create a poll/survey for your eGroup!
-- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=3Dukha_d&m=3D1