Re: Choosing PIR sensors

> > Is it still better to avoid having the sensor mounted on the wall
opposite
> the window though, or doesn't it matter?

In my experince if the window the PIR is looking at is a double glazed one,
it
will give not false alarms due to the fact that the air gap reduces the
rapid
temp changes caused by the sun etc - if looking at the window gave best
pick-up
coverage I would have no douts in placing it there. If your still not
convinced
why not wire to both corners of the room so in the event of a problem you
have
the option for moving it

> >What is the problem with Duals, in your experience?  False
triggers, or
> missing movement?

Mainly false triggers however missing movement has also being common

I would also suggest selecting a PIR with a white light filter (opac lens)

Mark Johnson

The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications