Re: CDDB queries through Proxy anyone?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CDDB queries through Proxy anyone?
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:30:07 GMT

Hmm.. another config that uses winsock proxy instead of web proxy...

I think a solution is becoming clearer...

Actually, I've just been trying to research this a little, and I may have a
lead to go on...

It seems that "proxy authentication required" is HTTP error 407,
and is
generated when the HTTP header of the proxy request from the client
application does not include all of the required authentication types that
are enabled at the proxy server. (IE if the proxy has enabled "Basic -
Clear
Text" and NTLM authentication, it seems the HTTP header from the
client MUST
include authentication details for both types.... but I'm still looking
into
it. (and still waiting for a reply from Xing...

Regards.

Paul Gordon.

>From: Steve Morgan <steve@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: CDDB queries through Proxy anyone?
>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:16:31 +0100
>
>I'm also using Audiocatalyst through Proxy 2.0 with no problems. Like
>Ray, I use the Winsock proxy.
>
>I have had problems with secure web sites before now where the proxy
>setting in the browser point at my ISP's cache (I use Demon if you
>hadn't noticed). This would often refuse to let me in to secure sites
>like Maplin's. It was easily resolved by setting the browser to not use
>a proxy for secure connections (note, however, that it always goes via
>my Proxy server, it's the ISP's proxy that it bypasses).
>
>Not the same problem really but it might be related. Then again, it
>might not. Don't know why I mentioned it, to be honest. Don't get to
say
>much very often though :(
>
>Actually [can't shut me up, now!] - I did have a couple of problems
when
>I first installed Audiocatalyst but I changed the CDDB server to point
>to one in San Jose. Still not the same problem though. It was refusing
>to find my CD's. I'll shut up now.
>
>Erm...bye...
>Steve
>
>P.S. I'm using TCP/IP but I have used HTTP.

Simplifying group communications