Re: LED Kitchen strips

Just to let you know I'm not being rude letting this thread die ;-)

I'm looking at the ones Ken suggested, I'm not really after halogens
or flourescent ones, so they look spot on (spot? ... lights? get it?)

These ideas have been added to the list of stuff to mix in to the
kitchen budget, thanks everyone.

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://en.fotolia.com/partner/16775

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Kenneth Watt <kwatt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> I used these: http://tinyurl.com/y96y5ro
>
> They're in standard holders but you do need to use pukka LED drivers
as although they say you can use them off the standard trannies, you can't.
Put them on the normal trannie and the chances are that they will blow up,
literally!

> I have them hooked up to an appliance module and they work just fine
off that.

> They're not as bright as your 20W halogen bulb but, they're only using
10% of the power and, I'd reckon, give off about 70-80% of the light.

> I have toyed with the idea of LED light strips but none of them I
looked at had the light output required. As Ben says, they provide enough
light to see where you're going but not enough to be of any real use in a
kitchen.