CDDB queries through Proxy anyone?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: CDDB queries through Proxy anyone?
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:10:36 GMT

Thought I'd ask this one _just in case_ but it's possibly a little
off-topic?

Has anyone any experience of using CDDB queries in Audiocatalyst through a
Proxy server?

When I just had a simple dial-up connection to an ISP from the same machine
that I run Audiocatalyst on, I had CDDB queries working just fine (through
HTTP anyway - I've never been able to get direct TCP/IP to work).

However, when I recently relented on my hatred of B.T. and got Hightway
installed, I put in a proxy server (MS Proxy 2.0) to give web access to all
PC's in the house. As far as that goes, it all works fine. However, I now
cannot use audiocatalyst to get CDDB queries through it - Audiocatalyst
gives the error: "Proxy authentication required" - I've already
experimented
with enabling / disabling access control on the proxy server, & I'm
quite
sure it's not a permissions issue. I've also filled in a problem report at
Xing's tech support website, but _who_ knows if I'll get a reply, or how
quickly!! :-(

I don't really have the time at the moment to spend much time
troubleshooting this (it's quicker to type the CD details in manually!), so
any previous experience with this problem that would help point me in the
right place & save some of that precious time would be much
appreciated!

For Info:

Server:
Windows NT server 4.0 SP5
Microsoft IIS 3.0
Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0

Client(s):
Various Windows versions
MS IE 5.0
Web proxy only (CERN proxy) - IE NO Winsock Proxy client installed.
Audiocatalyst 2.0 - CDDB settings: HTTP, proxy enabled, with correct IP
&
port address of proxy server (192.168.145.8:80)

Cheers all.

Paul Gordon.

Click Here to apply for a NextCard Internet Visa and start earning
FREE travel in HALF the time with the NextCard Rew@rds Program.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/449

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying