Re: Dual monitors on 98 - was: VGA Scan Conversion and Plasma Panels

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Dual monitors on 98 - was: VGA Scan Conversion and Plasma Panels
  • From: Raymond <Reb.barnett@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:01:24 +0100

We have one machine set-up here running Windows 98 with 2 video cards
(ATI Xperts - 1AGP, 1PCI)and it works amazingly well. Amazing in the
sense that it should work at all. It is very easy to setup, and the
implementation is fairly well thought out - the task bar lives on one
monitor, and you can display apps full screen in one or the other
window, or across both if you want.

The only real problem we encountered was with PCAnywhere, and I'm not
sure if this has been resolved - I've since switched to Windows NT,
which doesn't support dual monitor unless you use the new Matrox G400 or
more expensive cards. The benefits of Windows NT providing a more stable
development environment just about offset the fact I really miss dual
monitor - it was genuinely useful.

Ray Barnett.

> Has anyone tried 2 video cards under Windows 98 yet?
> As someone else mentioned, Matrox has a super wizzy new card
> that can drive
> 2 displays at different rates with one of them being a TV
> output. I think
> this is the way to go. TV output for the whole house
> information system
> with a local monitor at XGA or higher for the serious
> configuration/programming work.
>
> Keith

Click Here to apply for a NextCard Internet Visa and start earning
FREE travel in HALF the time with the NextCard Rew@rds Program.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/449

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying