Re: Where do I start??

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Where do I start??
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:56:47 +0100

Alex,

Hi - good luck with the building.

The first thing you have to decide is whether you want to go the DIY
route, or go with a professional "Custom Installer."

If you go the professional route, then you should look for one who's a
member of  CEDIA. I have a directory of members, or can recommend one I
have personal experience of (they are based in Worthing but have done
work as far afield as Amsterdam, so Cambridge would be fine...)

The next piece of general advice is to put in _lots_ of CAT5 (see the
thread kicked off a few days ago.) Most things can be run over it (LAN,
Telephone, ISDN, balanced Audio, Video - courtesy Mr. Doxey of this
Parish.)

Very general I'm afraid - if you want to meet for a drink in London one
evening, then I'm happy to come and bounce ideas apart. I'm _not_ a
professional, though, just a keen amateur...

In fact, thinking about it, that offer extends to any one else who works
in London --- why don't we try meeting face-to-face at some point?

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 20 8869 1439
Fax: +44 20 8423 7711

Want the power to purchase wisely? Productopia has the answers.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/553

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications