Re: Timer problems

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Timer problems
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:14:11 +0000

At 17:31 22/11/98 -0000, you wrote:
>the time and all the program settings.  I'm currently using a
mechanical
>timer, but even this one occasionally welds it's electrical points
together!

Sounds like the 3kW heater is drawing significantly more as a switch-on
surge- maybe you should have a look at motor starters or contactors- you
could have any timer switch a mains contactor across, and you can get a
contactor rated at any current you might desire!

>can control from indoors.  Does anyone know where I can get an X10
switch in
>the UK that is up to the job?  I'm handy with a soldering iron, so I
don't

Or you could use any old X-10 appliance module to switch the contactor.
Have a look in an electrical catalogue, or visit your local electrical
distributor.

Nigel
--
Nigel Orr                  Research Associate   O   ______
Underwater Acoustics Group,              o / o    \_/(