New to the scene

Hi there,

I've just found this email group and was wondering if anyone could offer
some
advice to someone new to the whole idea of home automation.  The questions
in
no particular order are:

1: Where is the best place to purchase X10 equipment in the UK and what
would
be a good setup to start with?

2: Is it fairly easy to control your X10 controller via your PC using
something
like Dragon Dictate etc?

3: Given that the above is feasible what is the best way of placing a
number of
microphones around the house to allow control from anywhere.  I presume
you'd
need to use XLR cabling, and provide a mixer somewhere which provides a
mixed
input to the soundcard on your controlling pc.

4: Finally does anyone know of any Unix utilities to control X10 devices?

If anyone has the time to help me with any of the above I would be v.
grateful
of their responses either via this list or privately.

Thanks
Kieran

--
Kieran J. Broadfoot.