Re: Whole house audio

Hi,

I've done something similar over CAT5. I got myself some phono sockets from
Tandy a few CAT 5
connectors and hooked it all up to my own mp3 jukebox (more on this in a
sec) - audio is perfect
as far as I can tell and that's over about 30m! Now I just need to work out
a way of controlling the
jukebox from downstairs.

Control
----------

Does anyone know of a good way to control what a PC is doing - I'm trying
with RedRat but having
a few problems. I did think that if you could tweak on of those IR
keyboards you could 'copy' commands
eg ALT-P to a learning remote and make your program respond to an ALT-P say
to Play an MP3 file.

Any thoughts?

MP3 Jukebox

Written in VB works a treat. The screen can be output to the downstairs TV
too.. Control is just
the problem. The jukebox currently only has around 13 CDs' (I've only got a
2 gig disk for the CDs - but
still got 	750mb free!) Random play etc. a treat excellent for
parties/background music too!

It's very much still under development at the moment.. I'll keep you all
posted