From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Andy Whitfield
Sent: 10 July 2009 09:05
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Question for Andy the UPS man...

Hi
I'll have a look amongst my APC CDs.
Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@...> wrote:

> Or anyone else who might know the answer!...
>
> I'm after getting a copy of APC Powerchute Business Edition version
8.0.0
- This is a free piece of software so there's nothing "dodgy"
about this
request, - but this isn't the most recent version, so doesn't seem to be
available to download from APC's website anymore (not without raising a
support ticket & waiting for a tech to email a private link anyhow...)
- I
can't be arsed jumping through such hoops just to get the basic
functionality that I need...

> I can't use the latest version, since APC have seen fit to remove an
essential feature from it, which makes it refuse to even install on my
server (the new version refuses to install on any server that has a
virtualisation product such as VMware or hyper-v installed). 8.0.0 was the
last version available which did not have this check in it, and thus will
install on a windows server running VMware...

> So, does anyone *have* a copy of PBE 8.0.0 that I can have a copy of?
-
I'm going to continue hunting around in the meantime...