Re: Cable and wall sockets

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cable and wall sockets
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:34:45 -0000

Nigel,

I'd be interested to hear some more on why banana sockets aren't a good way
to go? (Since I was about to go this way in an en-suite bathroom!)

Maybe I'm missing something, but the advantage of XLR is that you can carry
a balanced signal down it, which isn't an option if we're just talking
about
plugging a pair of speakers into an amp in the next room....

Mark Harrison
European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
Tel: +44 181 869 1439
Fax: +44 181 423 7711