Latest message you have seen: Re: DDAR's

RE: Bush Internet Surf Set

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Bush Internet Surf Set
  • From: "Graham P. Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:18:52 -0000

I have got the Bush set top box working with it's normal internet
connection, and once this was working I was then able to power on with
the shift key and get in to the command line mode. However it turned out
that this was completely unnecessary as my password was the same as the
one given here http://www.kentwebnet.com/bush/config.htm.
I then turned
on the box as normal and entered the password at the initial screen,
sure enough I then got into the supervisor mode and was able to change
all the ISP settings.

I set everything for my fixed rate ISP (v21) but the connection just
refuses to work. The number is dialled, connection appears to be made
but verification fails after a few seconds. I have double checked my
username and password and other settings and everything seems to be OK.
The only fields I am not sure about are the DNS settings for which I am
using the DNS servers of another ISP, but I can't see that being a
problem and the Dial Script setting. Now it does seem quite possible
that the dial script setting is causing the problem, but I have no idea
how to go about determining the correct settings.

So at the moment this remains a cheap toy with pay-as-you-go connection,
crap screen resolution and brain numbing sloth. Also I haven't yet
spotted how to get my 10 quid back from Toys-R-Us.

On a completely separate topic, my daughter was watching a video earlier
today and so removed the tape that was in the machine and turned off the
timer. The tape and timer were of course set to record 'Walking with
Beasts' for her which is on after her bedtime. It has not been recorded
now, does anyone have a copy they could send me, an electronic one would
be really good ;-)

Graham