Latest message you have seen: Re: X10 question

Re: [OT] UPS advice

James,

The run-on fan is more likely to be there to avoid overheating other
components in the set than to stop damaging the lamp itself (I think???)
As
for current draw then that depends if it's an electronic ballast or
conventional wire wound type. Electronic ballasts don't pull as much
current
at start-up as conventional ballasts.  An under-rated UPS will switch off
if
it's overloaded.  What's the TV's rating?  Remember that the VA rating will
be higher than it's wattage.  The worst case would be as follows:  if the
circuit power factor is 0.80, then a 400W TV would be 500VA - then add (say
20%) for start-up and that's 600VA.

Hope this helps

Simon