RE: [KAT5] kat5 RGB fails IR with component

Hi Paul

Sounds like the KAT5 TX is thinking it is getting a constant IR signal for
some reason.

Can you see the LED glowing on the IR emitter?

If you don't have a visible LED mimic on your IR emitter look at it with
the
camera on your phone and you will see it lit up if it is transmitting IR.

1. Unplug ALL video connections from TX and RX and see if the IR operates.
If it does then the presence of the video signals is causing the problem
and
is due to a component failure or cabling fault on the CAT5

2. Unplug the IR RECEIVER and see if the jamming problem goes away.
If it does plug it back in and see it the problem re-occurs.

That would indicate a problem with the IR receiver

3. Does the IR signal still get jammed if you unplug the CAT5 lead from the
KAT5-RX

That would indicate a problem in the RX or cabling

4. Does the IR signal still get jammed if you unplug the CAT5 lead from the
KAT5-TX

That would indicate a problem in the TX

5. Which 3 channels of the KAT5 system are you using for the 3 video
signals. The IR data is piggyback on what would be the L/R Audio channels
on
standard KAT5 units, on RGB units this would be the Green and Blue
channels.
Try running the green component lead (Y) on the Yellow phono and put the
Red
(Cr)and Blue (Cb) component leads on the Green and Blue channels and see if
that sorts out the problem.

Are you using the 4th channel for anything eg SPDIF ?

Its possible that a fault has developed at the same time you have changed
your setup or that you have a bad connection on one of the CAT5 cables.

Is the Component Picture OK ?

If non of the above helps in any way then give me a shout and will see if
we
can try a few other things.

Regards

Of Paul Robinson
> Sent: 13 February 2009 15:56
> To: kat5-users@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [KAT5] kat5 RGB fails IR with component
>
> I've been using a set of kat5 RGB for a while now without
> problems. I use the IR to control a sky box.
>
> I've now changed the signal it carries from RGB to component
> (after conversion by one of the js-technology units). I'm
> feeding this into a monitor, and the pictures shows up ok.
>
> The problem is that IR doesn't work now. If I leave the IR
> blaster where it can see the sky box, then the sky box
> doesn't respond to the remote even when I use the remote
> directly in front of the sky box.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul